DEHN Test Centre
Our test centre with a floor space of 800 m2 is equipped with the latest devices and technologies to perform lightning current tests on products, installations and systems. Our lightning impulse current laboratory, which is part of our test centre, is able to generate lightning currents with a peak value up to 400 kA in the standardised 10/350 µs test wave form and thus one of the most powerful of its kind in the world.
Services of the DEHN Test Centre:
- Test of surge protective devices (SPDs) according to IEC 61643-11, IEC 61643-21 and UL 1449
- Test of surge protective devices (SPDs) used in photovoltaic systems according to EN 50539-11
- Test of external lightning protection components according to IEC 62561
- High-voltage test with lightning impulses according to IEC 60060-1
- Complete lightning current tests for low-voltage distribution boards according to IEC 62305-1, IEC 62305-4 and IEC 61643-12
- Surge immunity test according to IEC 61000-4-5
- Surge immunity test for telecommunication systems according to ITU-T* and CCITT**
- Lightning current tests for wind turbines, photovoltaic systems and cell sites according to IEC 62305-1 and IEC 61400-24
- Functional test for low-voltage switchgear installations according to IEC 60947
- Other test services are available on request
Test services for our customers
Your electrical installation is already protected by an application-specific solution and you require further tests? No problem! We test whether your installation is capable of carrying impulse currents or not and provide you with a detailed test report. Moreover, we test and analyse various customised lightning and surge protection solutions.
The DEHN test centre is accredited by the
This confirms that the DEHN Test Centre has both the technical prerequisites and the high level of competence to conduct those tests described in the scope of accreditation according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
Testing in line with national and international standards
Thanks to their active involvement with international and national standardisation committees, DEHN employees always have in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of standards and their technological basics. Of course, the tests performed in our test centre are based on the relevant standards, giving you confidence that we do not only work with the most modern devices, but also share our knowledge of the current situation with standardisation committees.
DEHN tests and analyses | Brochure DS 113 | 1.0 MB